Fix “RESULT_CODE_HUNG” Error on Chrome and Edge BrowsersTech Tips
If you are an internet user, chances are you have come across various errors while using web browsers. One such error that has been bothering Chrome and Edge browser users lately is the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error. This error can be frustrating as it disrupts your browsing experience and prevents you from accessing websites or performing essential online tasks.
Understanding the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" Error
The "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error is typically encountered when a webpage or browser process becomes unresponsive and fails to recover within a specific timeframe. This error is commonly caused by multiple factors, including incompatible extensions, graphics card issues, corrupt cache data, or a conflict with another application running on your system.
How to Fix the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" Error
1. Disable Incompatible Extensions
One of the primary reasons for the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error is a conflict with incompatible browser extensions. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Launch your Chrome or Edge browser.
- Click on the menu icon in the top right corner of the browser window and select "Extensions" from the dropdown menu.
- Disable all the extensions by toggling the switch to the off position.
- Restart your browser and check if the error persists.
2. Update Graphics Card Drivers
Outdated or faulty graphics card drivers can also lead to the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error. To update your graphics card drivers, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Device Manager" from the menu.
- Expand the "Display adapters" category.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select "Update driver."
- Choose the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Restart your computer and check if the error is resolved.
3. Clear Browser Cache Data
Corrupt cache data can sometimes trigger the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error. To clear the browser cache, follow these steps:
- Open your Chrome or Edge browser.
- Click on the menu icon and select "Settings."
- Scroll down and click on "Advanced" to reveal additional options.
- Under the "Privacy and security" section, click on "Clear browsing data."
- Make sure the "Cached images and files" option is checked.
- Select the appropriate time range for which you want to clear the cache.
- Click on "Clear data" to delete the cache.
- Restart your browser and check if the error reoccurs.
4. Resolve Application Conflicts
In rare cases, conflicts with other applications running on your system can trigger the "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error. To resolve such conflicts, follow these steps:
- Close all applications running on your computer.
- Open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously.
- Go to the "Processes" tab.
- Select any unnecessary processes and click on "End task."
- Restart your computer and launch the browser again.
The "RESULT_CODE_HUNG" error on Chrome and Edge browsers can be frustrating, but with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve the issue. By disabling incompatible extensions, updating graphics card drivers, clearing browser cache, and resolving application conflicts, you can eliminate this error and enjoy a smooth and uninterrupted browsing experience. If the problem persists, it is advised to seek further assistance from technical support or forums dedicated to browser-related issues.
- nook aw snap
- widespread faucet chrome
- chrome ERR_RESULT_CODE_HUNG
- Edge browser RESULT_CODE_HUNG fix
- how to solve browser unresponsive error