When you’re desirous about pursuing a podcast promoting technique to attach with millennial or Gen Z clients however aren’t certain if the correct alternatives exist to your firm, take a look at this record of podcast promoting stats.
With these ways, you may establish podcasters with a price-point and viewers goal that is smart to your model. Then, you may work with them and leverage their experience by sponsoring the content material they’ve made. Alternatively, you may additionally create a local advert that aligns with their dialogue matters.
We’ll cowl podcasting’s largest advertising and marketing alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who tune in probably the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Promoting
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed investing the identical quantity or enhance their funding in podcasts or different audio content material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is predicted to hit $1.74 billion this 12 months. (Statista)
- 39% of Info Expertise corporations plan to leverage podcast promoting in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The common podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with further premium charges for reveals with excessive listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based corporations plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material of their advertising and marketing methods. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast customers say that they’re extra prone to take into account the manufacturers they hear marketed on podcasts. (Edison Research)
- 38% of entrepreneurs working for retail corporations say podcast promoting is the media channel with the largest ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast promoting income is predicted to move $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- In 2021, there have been over 2 million energetic podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By April 2021, there have been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Month-to-month podcast listeners grew by 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of Individuals age 12 and up have listened to podcasts up to now month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the variety of individuals over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts elevated from 57% to 62%. (Edison Research)
- Roughly 79% of individuals over the age of 12 within the U.S. are accustomed to podcasts. (Edison Research)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Research)
- 41% of millennials take heed to podcasts weekly. (Jam Street Media)
- 53% of males and 46% of girls take heed to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Research)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a school diploma and a median revenue of $75,000 per 12 months. (Buzzsprout)
- The largest enhance in podcast listenership up to now 12 months has come from these within the 12-to-34 age group. (Edison Research)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of individuals take heed to podcasts month-to-month whereas 26% of individuals take heed to podcasts weekly. (Edison Research)
- Whereas 49% of podcast listeners tune in from residence, 22% hear within the automobile. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of individuals study podcasts from on-line search whereas about 20% of listeners say they hear about them from different pals or phrase of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners usually tend to personal a sensible speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the primary audio supply by time of consumption amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Research)
- 50% of podcast Tremendous Listeners agree that podcast adverts are the easiest way to achieve them. (Edison Research)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% extra prone to take heed to podcasts for skilled causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of customer support reps have listened to a podcast at work. (EX-IQ)
- Whereas 39.2% of people that take heed to podcasts at the very least month-to-month hear through Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Greater than half of millennials take heed to instructional podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they’d be extra prone to share podcasts with pals in the event that they had been in a position to share one quick phase or spotlight of it, moderately than a complete episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast promoting income. 40% of podcast adverts had been host-read. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- The quantity of branded content material in podcasts elevated by almost 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
Contemplating podcast promoting?
As you’ve got seen from the stats above, podcasting is rising in reputation — particularly amongst youthful generations. And whereas it’s typically thought of a type of “leisure,” podcast content material will be extremely versatile.
For instance, though millennials or Gen Z take heed to podcasts that function interviews with large celebrities, they will additionally hear intently to smaller reveals that educate them about new traits or information that impacts their life or profession.
As a result of there are such a lot of podcasts, and so many listeners with shopping for potential, you may wish to take into account podcast sponsorships in your future promoting plan.