Likelihood is, you’ve got in all probability spent a day falling down a rabbit gap of YouTube movies.
Whereas it is an ideal supply of leisure, YouTube has additionally proved itself to be a beneficial software for entrepreneurs. With a worldwide consumer base of greater than 2 billion people, it is also secure to imagine that your target market is on the platform.
On this submit, we’ll go over key YouTube statistics you might want to know in 2022 that can assist you achieve your advertising efforts.
2022 YouTube Demographics
Under, we’ll go over probably the most important YouTube statistics that present entrepreneurs how international audiences are utilizing the platform.
Basic YouTube Person Demographics
- 81% of U.S. adults say they use YouTube in 2021, up 8% from 2019. (Pew Research)
- YouTube is the second most visited web site on this planet. (Hootsuite)
- YouTube accounts for greater than 25% of whole worldwide cellular site visitors. (Sandvine)
- YouTube has 2+ billion customers, making up nearly one-third of your entire web. (YouTube for Press)
- In 2021, 36% of U.S. adults say they go to YouTube a number of occasions a day. (Pew Research)
- These 2+ billion customers are current in over 100 nations and eat content material in 80 totally different languages. (YouTube for Press)
- 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing content material on YouTube. (Google Ads)
- 49.3% of all YouTube viewing time in 2022 shall be cellular. (eMarketer)
- YouTube is the highest video streaming app, and the common consumer spends 23.2 hours per thirty days watching content material. (App Annie)
- The preferred YouTube video is Child Shark Dance with 10.41 billion views. (Statista)
- YouTube TV ended Q3 2020 with 3 million subscribers. (Alphabet)
- 70% of individuals used YouTube to train in 2020. (YouTube)
- Livestreams on YouTube grew 45% within the first half of 2020. (YouTube)
YouTube Age Demographics
- Millennials belief YouTube greater than some other era. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 56% of Gen Z, 54% of Millennials, 48% of Gen X, and 26% of Boomers say they uncover new merchandise most frequently on YouTube. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- In 2021, 95% of U.S. adults between 18 and 29 years of age stated they use YouTube (the age demographic with the very best share) whereas solely 49% of U.S. adults who’re 65+ years reported utilizing it. (Pew Research)
- As of 2022, 20.2% of YouTube’s promoting viewers is between 25 and 34 – the biggest group – and 15.5% is between 35 and 44. (Hootsuite)
- In 2020, 80% of U.S. dad and mom with a toddler age 11 or youthful say their youngster watches movies on YouTube, and 53% of these kids use the platform each day. (Pew Research Center)
- 84% of oldsters who use YouTube or YouTube Children agree that YouTube makes studying extra enjoyable for his or her kids. (Oxford Economics)
YouTube Gender Demographics
Please observe that viewers information for people who don’t determine inside the binary are usually not reported.
- 82% of U.S. adults who determine as male report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Research)
- 80% of U.S. adults who determine as male say they use YouTube. (Pew Research)
- 45.8% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers identifies as feminine. (Hootsuite)
- 54.2% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers is male. (Hootsuite)
YouTube Geography Demographics
- As of February 2021, 16.6% of YouTube web site visits come from the US, 9.4% comes from India, and 4.9% comes from Japan. (Alexa)
- YouTube has launched native variations of the platform in additional than 100 nations. (YouTube for Press)
- 74% of U.S. adults residing in rural areas,, 81% of these residing in suburban areas, and 84% residing in city areas report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Research)
What Completely different Generations Watch on YouTube
What Gen Z Watches on YouTube
- Based on a 2021 report, 83% of Gen Z have used YouTube to observe soothing content material that helps them chill out. (YouTube)
- 85% of teenagers use YouTube, making it the preferred amongst teenagers. (Pew Research)
- 82% of Gen Z say they’ve used YouTube to observe content material that may make them really feel nostalgic. (YouTube)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Primarily based on the analysis, Gen Z turns to YouTube once they wish to chill out or revisit constructive reminiscences from their previous. For those who’re focusing on Gen Z, entertaining content material will reign supreme.
What Millennials Watch on YouTube
- YouTube reaches extra millennials than all of the TV networks mixed. (The Shelf)
- A 2022 report discovered that YouTube may have almost double the penetration of TikTok amongst millennials this 12 months. (eMarketer)
- Millennials choose watching:
- Information and human curiosity tales to maintain updated
- Unboxing and product overview movies to affect spending
- Fast and enjoyable leisure content material (The Shelf)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Millennials go to YouTube once they wish to be taught one thing or be entertained. Moreover, they go to the platform to be impressed, watch TV, and atone for the information. For those who’re focusing on millennials, information tales, product critiques, entertaining content material, and galvanizing content material will win out.
Methods to Goal the Proper Demographic on YouTube
Whereas every era would possibly watch pretty related content material, it is essential to keep in mind that the purpose is totally different. For Gen X it may be to reminisce, whereas for Boomers it is to avoid wasting time, and for Millennials and Gen Z, it might be to be taught one thing new.
To correctly goal the suitable demographic on YouTube, take note of the preferred classes and varieties of movies they watch on the platform.
Simply as it’s for all social networks, constructing a presence on YouTube requires understanding which segments of your viewers are already there and what they’re watching.
Use these statistics to create a YouTube advertising technique that speaks to your viewers’s pursuits, drives income, and will increase conversions.
Having that data makes it simpler to create content material that speaks to their pursuits, maximize ROI, and obtain normal advertising success.
Editor’s observe: This submit was initially printed in April 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.